Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Been a while

Hard to believe but I'm still here seeing as I haven't blogged in a while. Life has been so busy this past year that I just haven't felt the need to blog and just been enjoying myself.

So much has changed. I'm happier, less stressed. I've cut back on work and moved in with partner of 1 year. Reduced my travel time to work and went on an amazing trip to Japan.

In many ways I am in a completely different spot to last year.

And yet I'm still fat.

This is what has been bugging me lately. I'm happier, less stressed, eating better and I'm still fat. It's very frustrating.

As this is now the one thing I don't have 'right' in my life, it's come to the forefront a lot lately. I tried the gym for a short while, and as much as I love a good workout and feeling sweaty and strong, I just didn't enjoy it enough to stay consistent. I get bored really easily and don't know enough different exercises to change it up.

You could take that as an excuse if you like. But I'm trying to find something I can stick with long term, which means finding something I enjoy enough to keep going. So I cancelled the gym and have been focusing on walking the dog before and after work, which is something I enjoy and find really meditative. I feel alert when I get to work in the morning and helps me wind down in the evening.

I've also started the 30 day squat challenge and another one for abs. Which I find simple enough and easy enough to fit in each day at home. I think I'll look for some more challenges once I've finished these.

On top of this I'm looking into a PT once a week to help kick off the weight loss, and some classes that I can take with my partner which we'll enjoy and count as spending time together. So far looking at dancing classes, martial arts or some kind of sport.

While doing these I'm just focusing on enjoying life and trying to eat as well as I can.

What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment