Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday 18 November 2012

Toughening up

So lately I have been slowly drifting into bad habits. Not too much, but enough that I notice it and feel gross afterwords.

And I don't want that. I've started to fall into the trap of being too tired, unprepared and stressed to plan well and have good food on hand, and then I go buy unhealthy food.

Not extremely- not HJ's, Macca's KFC or any of those, but too much protein and not enough veggies. And not steamed but fried etc Those sort of choices.

And it's not good enough. I know that I am stressed, I know that I am tired, but that is no excuse. I also know what is good and bad for me and know that I am only hurting myself, not rewarding myself.

So time to take a step back and evaluate and get back into the game. It helps that I haven't been skipping exercise at least, and have in fact increased. I also have two extra hour sessions to use up as my friend just joined up. So that's an extra couple of sessions to work off the last week or two.

My main problem is lunch. Breakfast is fine, I get to work I have a coffee and cereal or toast with peanut butter. It's not a sugary cereal but heart foundation approved cereal and with rice milk as well. So I'm all good there.

But Dinner and Lunch are my problem. Especially as mum is stressed too so she has been in a simlar mood as me and we both can't bothered cooking proper meals. 

But I need to get back into it. Especially as it is nearing Christmas and the New Year and my trip away. If I slip now, I might slip further during the holiday season and that is something I don't want. I don't want to ruin all my hard work!

Especially as I am noticing my hard work, my arms are becoming more toned- I can see some muscle! My tummy isn't as bad as it was and my thighs are slowly shrinking. Clothes are starting to sit differently as my shape changes. It is both a good and a bad thing!

So I need to start making sure I have healthy snacks on me, yoghurt and fruit mostly. I don't want to have nuts as I have a problem with snacking and portion control that I want to break.

I also want to start cooking healthier meals and having more vegetables.

So the start to a new week and time to get back on track, starting with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment