Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday 5 January 2012

The things I learnt this morning..

So after reading my morning array of weight loss articles and news there are quite a few things I didn't know. Here are just a couple.

To lose one pound or half a kilo, you have to burn 3500 calories AND cut your intake by 150 calories.
(My question is - how do you measure that? I mean sure you can be on the treadmill and the bike and see how many calories you burn on that, but what about when you do strength training or skipping or crunchies and squats and all those wonderful things? Or do personal trainers work all that out for you?? )

Secondly, stress really does affect weight loss. And if you reduce your stress you maintain or lose weight, but if you continue to be stressed you'll continue to gain weight. Scary isn't it?

Supposedly coffee or caffeine is good for workouts. They just haven't worked out how much caffeine is needed, but apparently it helps you to go harder and longer, and actually want to go back and do it again!

You can exercise all you want, but really, if you don't eat right, theres nor guarantee you'll lose any weight.
(While I already kind of understood this, its still interesting to read that people exercise, only to put whatever they want into their mouths and expect results.)

Well thats my learning from this morning summed up. Tomorrow I weigh myself again.. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment